Saturday, July 6, 2013

It's a little bit under, would that be okay?

 
I have been living in Wildwood for a several weeks already. Sunny days, living just a couple of blocks from the ocean. Even though I spend most of my days in work, I really like it here. Friendly people, a lot of interesting experiences, just propagating different life style than I was used to.

Nice memory from everyday life. One day, my roommates ate my boiled eggs. As soon as they realized it, they left some boiled eggs and a note with it. That was really nice from them, even though I didn't mind it in the first place. It also reminds me about all the notes that we had in dormitory in Amsterdam too. Somehow these little things can make you smile even without realizing it.

Work

I like my work so far. Working in the Original Fudge Kitchen was a lot of fun so far. Learning new side jobs, being able to taste different kinds of chocolates that I didn't even know about. Salt water taffy as well as fudge itself are so unique, that even now I know, that I just have to bring some of it back home to my friends, just to let them taste it too.  I spend there most of my days and that's a good thing. I'd rather be there the hole day than half of the day doing nothing back at home, cause atmosphere in workplace is just great. All the staff is really friendly, making jokes and helping out when it's needed. Pleasant ride all the way.

The first day off
On my first day off I went out just to get acquainted with the surroundings. In the first half of the day I walked around with my two friendly neighbors on the Boardwalk (where I also work). There you can get old style photos, tattoos, piercings, variety of food, enjoy arcade game places, try your luck on typical gaming machines or even buy some beach equipment. Also, there are so many amusement parks, where you can get on extreme rides, water slides and so much more. Of course, I saw several things that I want to try out, I will name a few. One of my little dreams before coming to USA was to try out deep fried ice cream, I have already saw several places where they are selling it, and that I will definitely do as well as go to some of the rides. On the other half of the day I went to the Wildwood Crest, where I found some of the most amazing sand art that I have ever seen. Palaces where made with such a precision, it was just beautiful. On the way back I noticed that on next Friday there suppose to be WWE event in Wildwood. When I was little I used to watch it every week, so of course, I wanted to go there. The other day I asked a couple of people if they would like to join me,  but didn't find any company after all. The funny thing is, that when the week was passing I even forgot about it myself :D.

The second day off
Today was my second day off and it started with a blazing hot sun. A couple of my coworkers and I had decided to go to the Cape May County Park & Zoo, so in the morning we met and went on a trip. The zoo is really well looked after. There are reasonable variety of animals, but due to the sun, a lot of them were hiding in the shades, or sleeping in their nests. Just to name several amazing things that have happened in the zoo. We saw giraffe sitting down, it's legs bended so weirdly and funny, it was really fun to see. We also were going over a bridge and then noticed that in the pool just below us there were so many little turtles just swimming and eating. It was so simple but also amazing at the same time, cause it got me by surprise, I really didn't expect to see them there. I also liked all the monkeys, specially the little ones with funny and puffy faces. Of course, I have to mention the most amazing thing about the zoo: I saw cows, pigs and some other farm animals. Even before going there, I knew that there we would be able to find them, but in Lithuania these animals are so normal, you definitely wouldn't see them in a zoo. The place is called Cape May County Park and Zoo, but we just explored the zoo. The temperature and humidity was so high that we just decided not to explore the park this time, which is around 3 times bigger than the zoo itself. Also, during the evening me and my neighbors went to the lighthouse and then to the pier, where we laid down and were watching the stars. It was really nice and calm. Fun fact that we discovered was that when you concentrate just on one star, other stars tend to disappear. Truly amazing night!

No comments:

Post a Comment